Full-time | Hotel/Hospitality | Kuala Lumpur
Our client is looking for a Revenue Manger to support the General Manager and Leadership team in ensuring the management of revenue activities are carried out effectively.
Scopes of The Position
Maximize overall Centre revenue and profit through the development and implementation of effective inventory and pricing strategies based on future demand forecasts, current trends and historical data. Responsible for determining the optimal mix of business and managing distribution strategies on all channels to increase revenue and drive market share. Communicate revenue management strategic vision to the leadership team at the Centre.
The incumbent of this position would be expected to have the following competencies:
- Identify and escalate risks and upsides to forecast inputs based on underlying market dynamics, bookings trends, and identifying inconsistencies between Sales and Marketing inputs
- Ensure effective pricing strategies are in place to reflect asset strength relative to the competition and specific market conditions
· Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends
· Create and maintain a 36-month rolling demand calendar
· Provide a weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons
· Analyze financial and business operations data to estimate future revenues, which provides guidance for business decisions and forecast on the state of the company’s financial affairs.
· Maintain a thorough understanding and awareness of competitors’ position and trends, particularly pricing and offers, in support of maximising Centre’s performance.
· Creating promotional plans and implements ways to increase revenue
· Constantly striving to maximize revenue in support of the overall goal of improving business profitability.
- Pro-actively identify and analyse business opportunities from a net profit standpoint and make the appropriate business decision.
- Constantly improve the effectiveness of revenue management process
- Conduct quarterly Centre performance review and develop strategic and tactical action
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis for senior management.
- Works with executive staff in determining feasibility and procedures necessary to coordinate billing, collections and accounting procedures based on the needs of user departments and divisions.
- Keeps informed on resolutions and ordinance additions and changes pertaining to revenue collection matters; suggests and implements improvements in ordinances and regulations.
- Manage performance against budget highlighting concerns and opportunities, liaise with sales and marketing teams to ensure concerns are being communicated and addressed via all sales channels.
- Holds a tertiary qualification in finance/accounting, auditing or any similar field, and/or
- At least 5 years working experience as Revenue Manager or Yield Manager in a sector or organisation similar in nature to conference/event and venue planning and management
- Knowledge and understanding of revenue management requirements including yield management, pricing strategies and tactics, inventory control, marketing strategies, customer channels, key operating indicators
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required
- Highly computer literate with a high-level command of Excel
- Ability to work under own initiative in a highly pressured environment
Questions for the candidates:
Describe the work environment in which you will most effectively be able to contribute.
How would your current boss describe your work and contribution?
What can you do that’s different from other candidates?