Full-time | Education | Subang Jaya
Due date: 21 January 2018
The Education Adviser provides education advice and counselling service to any prospective students, parents and partners to study at our partner universities.
- Share responsibility for the recruitment of international students and actively assist the team to achieve recruitment targets.
- Proactively plan and execute recruitment and marketing activities (both online & offline) to promote our services and in turn help to achieve targets.
- Deal with student enquiries and provide professional consultation services to students.
- Liaise with universities and students to track students’ applications, arrange interviews, and field any general or specific enquiries as well as advocate on behalf of students.
- Visit students off-site for counselling and information sessions, distribute leaflets, take part in on and off-site recruitment events such as education fairs, university interviews, open days and other relevant recruitment events.
- Be available for ad hoc and regular company training where necessary and be prepared to deliver information sessions at regular company meetings. Also, be available for university information sessions and familiarisation trips.
- Maintain good communication with colleagues and keep the centre manager informed of application statuses or problems.
- From time-to-time undertake other relevant tasks as requested by the centre manager or the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
- Have experience in international student recruitment for higher education
- Have a UK university degree in any discipline
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Have excellent sales skills
- Have strong direct marketing skills
- Have a strong sense of market knowledge
- Be able to meet targets and deadlines and work well under pressure
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Be responsible, mature, reliable, and honest
- Be a committed team player but also be dependable enough to work individually with minimum supervision
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences:
- Have a proven track record of meeting sales targets
- Have a network or customer base in the local international student community would be a distinct advantage
Questions for the candidates:
Briefly describe what you understand about UKEC and the services we offer.
Tell us about a time you went beyond your reach to achieve a sales target.
Why do you really want this job and what value do you feel you bring as compared to other candidates?
United Kingdom Education Centre (UKEC) is a UK education counselling organisation with over 19 years of industry-leading professional experience. Our mission is to provide international students with personalised education guidance and support before and throughout their enrolment at a university, college or school in the UK.