Application Support Analyst
Full-time | Hotel/Hospitality | Kuala Lumpur
The role of the Application Support Analyst is to support the IT Manager and other users on software application activities. The Application Support Analyst will be required to operate at different levels from project administration to report writing so multi-tasking and a flexible approach to managing one’s work schedule are essential.
The role offers scope to evolve into a Project Manager position through on-the-job learning and skill development essential to a more senior project role.
The incumbent of this position would be expected to have the following competencies:
- Provide systems administration and access management for all users such as adding, removing and updating user account information and resetting passwords.
- Perform routine audits on user activity to ensure the system security is not compromised.
- Provide first level system support to staff through resolving technical queries and troubleshooting.
- Create and maintain reports required by the business.
- Liaise and follow-up with the software vendor support teams on any system related issues and enhancements, and maintain a strong working relationship with the vendors.
- Work with each department to identify current issues and seek continuous improvements in processes.
- Keep Ungerboeck and finance systems up to date with new features and functionality, in consultation with the business. Coordinate upgrades with IT and various departments.
- Create a User Acceptance Testing plan (UAT) for each new release of software and work with the IT department on internal development and deployment.
- Any other duties relating to Ungerboeck and finance systems to ensure optimal system functionality throughout the business.
- Maintain the Ungerboeck and finance systems periodically.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English
- Required Skill(s):
- Preferably with thorough Ungerboeck knowledge
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) concepts and database management.
- Project Management experience would be highly regarded.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, MIS or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in progressive IT leadership roles implementing enterprise-class software applications of significant complexity in the corporate system functions.
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in information technology with at least 2 – 3 years in the hospitality industry.
- Preferably Senior Executive specialized in Hotel Management/Tourism Services or equivalent.
Questions for the candidates:
Describe the work environment in which you will most effectively be able to contribute.
How would your current boss describe your work and contribution?
What can you do that’s different from other candidates?