Director, Retailer Service
Full-time | Consulting (Business & Management) | Petaling Jaya
- Create and execute the Retailer Services business strategy and annual operating plans.
- Drive the client engagement strategy with all MNC and local retailers to retain the key co-operators
- Control the negotiations of key client co-operation arrangements, ensuring an appropriate balance of services for data co-operation
- Ensure that client plans are developed and implemented that fully support clients’ objectives and deliver growth and retailer entanglement with Nielsen
- In partnership with Product Leadership, develop Nielsen’s retailer product portfolio and ensure that Retailer Services products/services are relevant for clients.
- Drive penetration of Nielsen solutions to retailers and work with team to achieve annual revenue targets.
- Work with cooperating retailers to obtain ever more valuable content, to create new products for both retailers and manufacturers.
- Ensure Retailer Service talents are appropriately identified and developed
- Effectively organize the Retailer Services team to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Promote Nielsen and Retailer Services externally through presentations at conferences
- Minimum 15 years working experience
- Solid background in consumer packaged goods and/or retailing sector
- Experience in sales of MNC and local FMCG products
- Extensive knowledge of retail merchandising, marketing and buying
- Wide range of retail industry contacts in Malaysia
- Exceptional senior leadership and people management capabilities, able to articulate and drive to a clear vision
- Strong analytical mind
- Strong communicator
- Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent speaking and writing skill in English, Chinese, and Bahasa Melayu
Questions for the candidates:
Describe the work environment in which you will most effectively be able to contribute.
What's your definition of hard work?
What three character traits would your friends use to describe you? Explain why.
The Nielsen Company (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
(Registration No. 10909-V)
With nearly 40,000 employees in 100+ countries around the world, diverse talent is the cornerstone of Nielsen’s success and our future. Through leading services spanning media and consumer information, online intelligence, mobile measurement, trade shows and business publications, our global clients demand and receive products and services built on quality and innovation. Whether it’s retail and consumer packaged goods analysis, media audience measurement, or business information online, in print, or face-to-face – Nielsen’s products and services offer invaluable insight and perspective that our clients rely on to make informed business decisions.