Last updated: April 16, 2018
Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of the Splenday Platform, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the Splenday Platform, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the Splenday Platform.
What Is a Cookie?
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by http://www.splenday.com.my).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block our Cookies
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The cookies we may use on the Splenday Platform may be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes.
‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies let you move around the Splenday Platform and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to the Splenday Platform and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our Splenday Platform when we make any changes to the way it works
- For security purposes
Accepting these cookies is a condition to using the Splenday Platform, so if you prevent these cookies we can’t guarantee how the Splenday Platform or the security on the Splenday Platform will perform during your visit.
‘Performance’ cookies collect information about how you use the Splenday Platform e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how the Splenday Platform works, understand the interests of our users, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.
We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how the Splenday Platform is used
- Perform affiliate tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that one of our visitors also visited their site
- Obtain data on the number of users of the Splenday Platform that have viewed a product or service
- Help us improve the Splenday Platform by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for the Splenday Platform
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Functionality’ cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you’ve applied such as layout, text size, preferences and colors
- Remember if we’ve already asked you if you want to fill in a survey
- Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or list on the Splenday Platform so that it won’t repeat
- Show you when you’re logged in to the Splenday Platform
- To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
‘Targeting’ cookies are used to track your visit to the Splenday Platform, as well other websites, apps and online services, including the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, which allows Splenday to display targeted ads to you on the Splenday Platform.
We may use targeting cookies to:
- Display targeted ads within the Splenday Platform.
- To improve how we deliver personalized ads and content, and to measure the success of ad campaigns on the Splenday Platform.